Saturday, January 13, 2007

CNN's Wolf Hitler's apology to Barack Obama not good enough for me.


Mistakes happen.

But do any of you gals believe, after putting together just two broadcasts, that CNN's "Where's Obama?" graphic was purely an accident?

Writer. Requester. Creator. Tech people. Control room. Even OUR dinky little graphics went through a rigorous chain of scrutinizing eyes before they appeared on TV. Surely the biggest cable news show ever has at least as many.

Unless a 9-year-old in charge of graphics changed it at the very last second before broadcast, I don't see how this could have happened. In any event, I do not accept the apology.

What about you?
VLD

P.S. Sorry this is kind of old news. I had my heart set on wasted Paula Abdul!

3 Comments:

At Sunday, January 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. Not an accident.

The super was reprehensible and I see no reason why it wasn't caught in time.

But isn't it equally offensive to replace Blitzer with Hitler?

TB

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007, Blogger Medill Media Watch said...

Religious and ethnically insensitive. Totally unacceptable.

I'm truly bothered by this and I can't say I'm surprised. I could've (and should have) bet money on when or who would find a way to offend or dig up something offensive about Barack Obama.

Anytime someone is extraordinarily popular for good reason, the media either comes up with a ploy to test a person's character or does homework and extra credit digging to come up with reasons why the person could not possibly be close to 100% squeeky clean.

There's not a racial, gender, etc. bias--that's just the way things go...look at previous political candidates, politicians, Miss Americas...

ER

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007, Blogger Medill Media Watch said...

My "confusing" Wolf Blitzer with Adolf Hitler is just as offensive, but our blog doesn't exactly have the same reach (and, therefore, responsibility) as CNN.

VLD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home